Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Day

Molly and I spent New Year's Day at Mama & Daddy's. We enjoyed some good ole vegetable soup, toasted pimento cheese sandwiches & delicious apple pie Pam made. I didn't get there until around 11:30 and the score was already 14 -0. I knew then our Gamecocks were in trouble and boy, did it go from bad to worse! Then we watched the Clemson game and the Georgia game, flipping back and forth between channels. I missed most of the 2nd half of the Clemson game because the back of my eyelids proved more interesting! Even though the game was terrible, the company and lunch were first rate!

Today, Molly has spent most of the day on the couch. I have been washing and washing and washing clothes. I was so far behind on the laundry. I have to admit there have been a couple of "rest periods" for me too. I have a pesky stuffy nose and achy body I can't seem to shake.

Since this is my last day of "freedom", I intend to enjoy the slow pace as much as I can.
Hope you have a great weekend!!

0 comments: