Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Year in Review & Happy New Year!

2008 was an eventful year.
In January, we went to Washington, DC to attend the funeral service at Arlington National Cemetery for our beloved Aunt Nell.
Pam, Alice, Uncle Clyde and I before dinner following the service.
Our precious Sally celebrated her Sweet Sixteen.
I celebrated with the choir as my interim position at AMRBC came to an end!
Sally got her first car! :)
Emma was dedicated at Casey Creek Baptist Church.
We went to NYC to celebrate Sally's 16th and Pam's 60th.

In April we returned to Arlington National Cemetery for Uncle Clyde's funeral service.


Anna Camille was dedicated at Southside Baptist Church.

Our family with Mama on Mother's Day.

Three generations of mothers!
Mimi retired from education! WOOHOO!


In June I went to Puerto Rico with our awesome student ministry for World Changers.

This is Maria. She lived behind the house we worked on for World Changers. The Lord allowed me the awesome privilege to share His plan of salvation with her. She accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior in her backyard. This was the single best moment of 2008 for me!
In July, I vacationed in Villa Rica, GA with some of my best buds.

Daddy celebrated his 83rd birthday!
Alice and John celebrated 30 years of marriage.
Another best bud, Joye, celebrated her 40th. Welcome to the club, girl!

AC & Emma made Halloween fun again!

We are thankful for our new addition, Mary Alice(hiding behind the wrapping paper) who is due to arrive in March 2009!

We are thankful for our 2 little angels who make our lives so much sweeter!

Anna Camille turned one on Thanksgiving Day!

We celebrated Mama's 84th birthday!

Emma turned one!

We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Day together!

As I look back over the events of 2008, I am again reminded of the blessings of God's Hand and the outpouring of His grace over our lives. In the times of great sorrow and in the midst of unspeakable joy, He is there gently leading and guiding each one of us.

What's my New Year's resolution? To simply know Him more...Paul said it very eloquently in Philippians...
7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

You have a beautiful family!

Happy New Year!!!

Kim said...

I love your year in review post! It was a great idea - thats why I stole it from someone else ;-D HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

snookmama said...

Wow, thanks for sharing that. And btw, Bucky hit the nail on the head didn't he?