Friday, November 14, 2008

Dear Anonymous,

The fact you can recognize a typo is due to a teacher who taught you how to spell and to edit! :)

I am sorry you think so poorly of our noble profession. We have heard your thoughts and feelings loud and clear. Since you are so passionate about the ills of public education, you might want to consider finding a more public forum than this lowly blog. I'm afraid you won't find many sympathizers here...the majority of my readers and friends are teachers.

Every teacher I know spends their own money to provide things for their students or to grow professionally. I am proud to be an educator. You can bash us all you want, it still will not stop us from doing our jobs.

Since you don't reveal your identity, I have no way of knowing what your chosen profession is, but I am sure you work just as hard as we do. I pray God will continue to bless you in what He has called you to do. I am sure of my calling as an educator and will continue to do whatever it takes to be a quality educator.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel horrible! I never meant for you to feel like I was "bashing" you! I think that is admirable that you and your colleagues care so much about your students that you are willing spend your own money on them! I just think it is insane that you are expected to do that! Most business professionals have an expense account so I never knew!!
Please accept my apologies.

J.E. said...

Maybe Mr. or Mrs. anonymous should think before they speak! There is a lot you probably don't know about the profession.

Barbara Hoffman said...

It's not that we are expected to do it, we just do because we love our jobs and our kids!!