Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy 28th Birthday, Ben!

Twenty eight years ago, I borrowed Laurie's car, and went flying from Rock Hill to Spartanburg, so I could be there for the arrival of John Benjamin Graham, V. I found out there was no need to speed...Ben was taking his own time making his grand appearance! But he was definitely worth the wait. Months later, I lived with the Grahams to do my student teaching. My favorite part of the day was returning to their house after school each day and being greeted by a precious curly-headed little boy who came flying to the door in his walker. Here are three of a my many favorite memories of Ben...
*Seeing him watch Mousercise while laying on the couch eating his breakfast
*The video...you know the one!
*Riding in his first car with him...the Jeep!

Things I love about Ben now...
*His smile and laugh
*The way he loves his little sister
*His courage...he just moved to a new city where he knew very few people to take a job he knew he would love.
*His quiet manner...he is a man of few words
*He loves babies and is really good with them.

The only thing I would change....his team affliation! ;)
Just teasing, I love you, Benbo, Tigers and all.
Happy 28th!
Looking forward to eating supper with you tonight!

2 comments:

Kim said...

whoa...whoa...whoa.... you are seriously not old enough to have been in college when a 28 year old was born!!! You must have been a genius! a 3 year old student teacher who could drive. Wow! I admire you all the more!! Seriously, though. You can't be that old!!

jkstrib said...

Oh, but yes I can! 50 is loooooming around the corner!