I am sitting here at my desk listening to all the "school sounds" going on around me. This is what I hear....
lockers shutting (actually slamming!)
feet moving quickly in the hallway
teachers getting ready for dismissal
the copy machine in the office
the walkie on my waist going off
What do you remember about your school years....here are a few of mine....
- Being scared to death of Mrs. Bannister, my 2nd grade teacher...don't really remember why though!
- My fifth grade teacher watching soap operas and crying
- She also took her wig off when it got hot and dared us to laugh at her.
- Being a safety patrol and wearing the belt thingy & badge
- Those HORRIBLE one piece PE uniforms...the top was red stripe & the bottoms were red...so not flattering!
- Sitting on the steps of Central Middle School thinking we were cool
- Talking our 10th grade Eng teacher into letting us go to lunch early every day
- Fish for lunch every Friday
- Going down the hill to the band room
- Pep rallies, band practice & band trips....Elvis died my Sr year while we were at band camp!
- The Winter Ball (winter dance...it was a Union thing)
- The Prom...the hit song of the night was "She's a Brick House"...we begged the DJ to play it over and over!