Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Daffodils....

This has been one of those days. We are in desperate need of a spring break. I have been chewed up and spit out by about three teachers today. I have to confess with one of them I chewed and spit back, which I have already repented for, confessed it to her and asked for her forgiveness. I was sitting here at my desk trying to catch my breath in between all the little children I have seen today who also need a spring break and I remembered something I saw coming to work today.
There is an old abandoned country store on the way to NPE. It is falling in...not much to look at, but I noticed today in the yard beside it was this beautiful thick patch of daffodils...one of my most favorite flowers. In the midst of ugliness, is a spot of rare beauty. Maybe God is telling me to keep my eyes open here for another spot of rare beauty...in fact, I think He has already shown me some spots of beauty through the hug of a precious child, another one who was just grateful someone took time to listen to them, and the comforting touch of an understanding friend. Sometimes, the rare spot of beauty is not always concrete and visible. I am going to keep looking for the "daffodils" here. I know He will show them to me.

2 comments:

J.E. said...

Just picture this..... Jed Dearybury.... Now there is a beautiful image in the midst of the mess!!!! I hope that made you laugh...... it sure did me!!!

jkstrib said...

Jed, you indeed are a rare beauty! :) Thanks for the reminder!