Friday, January 22, 2010

Voices

"The voices of the world are loud and sparse, but the voice of God is a constant whisper."
--Benjamin J. Elger

Thank you, Father. In the silence, I hear You speak. In the midst of chaos, Your voice comforts me. Heartache and grief cannot drown out Your ancient words of comfort and peace. In the voice of a cherished friend, I hear Your encouragement. When I lift my eyes to see the stars at night, I hear You say You are mindful of me. In fact, all of creation crys out to let me know You are there. Thank You, Father that there is nothing loud enough to drown out Your sweet voice and there is nothing strong enough to silence it. It is Your voice I cling to these days. It is the constant sound of Your voice which drives me to carry on because I hear Your words of hope and promise for mercy, grace and healing. I long to hear You speak. Father, help my words to be few.

0 comments: