Sunday, May 17, 2009

A whole week has "PASS"ed me by....

This week has been a very busy one for all the students, teachers and counselors of South Carolina because of PASS (Palmetto Assessment of State Standards) testing. For those of you who do not have children or know a teacher, the PASS test is a HUGE deal and very stressful for all involved. Since I worked late every night this past week, I did not have a chance to post about Mother's Day. The ladies of our family who were able to attend enjoyed a delicious meal prepared by the men of our family. Here are some highlights of the night!Getting ready to grill...John was in charge of cutting all the veggies!
Rob is teaching Bob about grilling corn on the cob. Ben is mixing the veggies in a delicious marinade before he puts them on the grill. Meanwhile, the moms are enjoying a night off!
The supper was so big, they had to use two grills! One for the chicken and steaks...
and another for the veggies...
Here's the finished product. It was DELICIOUS. Not only did they cook, they also loaded the dishwasher too. Way to go, men. It was awesome! This is my little bitty Mama. She is an aweswome Mama. When we were growing up, she was a firm believer (and still is) in tough love. She loved us enough to let us fall on our faces, our behinds, etc instead of coming to our rescue and I am so grateful for her tough love lessons. After our fall, though, she was always ready to listen and give us advice about how to work it out. Even when I made the worst choices and believe me, bless her, there were many, I never doubted my Mama loved me. She only missed one band concert in all my days as a band student and band director and it was for the birth of one of her grandchildren. My love for her grows each day. I know some days for her are tough as she cares 24/7 for my Daddy. But, she takes such good care of him and uses that tough love on him to keep him going. I am so glad God made you my Mama. I love you very much!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I will be glad when PASS is over...lol.

Your mama sounds wonderful and the food looks yummy:)

Stacy said...

I will be glad when PASS is over...lol.

Your mama sounds wonderful and the food looks yummy:)