Sunday, January 11, 2009

This is my church....

was used as the catch phrase for some tv advertisements for my church. Anderson Mill Road Baptist Church is a great church. I have been a member since 1995. Wow, time flies when you are having fun. When I joined I was at an all time low. I (emphasis on I) had made some serious judgement errors about the path of my life at that time. God loving sifted MY dreams through the palm of His loving hand and changed the entire course of my life. At the time, it was heart wrenching and although I could not see it then, His plan was so much better than mine. As I look back now, I can see the way His hand worked every circumstance for my good. I have learned so much about how to worship God in the deepest valleys of life through so many people at church. The people of AMRBC embraced and loved me through this "not so pretty" time of life. Never did any one of them judge me for my mistakes or the fact that I was just an emotional mess. All they did was love me. Is AMRBC a perfect church? By no means because it is filled with sinners who have been saved by the grace of God, but who are still humans who stumble...(seems as if I am always brushing off my knees from a fall!)

God has placed His hand on this special place. It is a very young church by the world's standards...only 21 years old. What makes it special and unique? Here are a few things that come to mind:

  • The average age of our staff is about 29, but the level of spiritual maturity among our staff far exceeds their years.
  • The growth of our church has been phenomenal. Last year over 100 families joined our church.
  • AMRBC baptized over 25 people last year.
  • There many mission trips taken by AMRBC last year all over the world.
  • We are exceeding our budget needs each week!
  • Worship at AMRBC is awesome. Our pastor preaches BOLDLY from the Word of God each week and the musical worship is great!

What's the secret? God's faithfulness. Our pastor challenged us from Luke 12:48 last week. Hence our theme for 2008 is: "Much has been given, much is expected."

Over the past several years, we have been in the process of planning a new worship facility. In the fullness if HIS time, God will bring all of His plans to fruition on March 8, 2009. We were disappointed this morning because we thought our first Sunday in the new sanctuary would be February 8th. But I know He has a plan and it has been perfect to this point.

If you are reading this and you don't have a church home, I invite you to join us. Slip over to the church website and check us out. We have three services: 8:30, 9:30 & 11:00.

To God be the glory, great things He has done!

To all my fellow bloggers who are members of AMRBC, leave a comment and tell why you love our church! :)

6 comments:

Stacy said...

We have been goign to AMRBC for over a year now. I love the people and the message that D.J. gives us every week. It always seems like it is what we need to hear. The people are so nice. We felt so welcomed from the very first day!!!

Barbara Hoffman said...

We have been members since January 2004, the same day DJ's family joined officially. We came in the fall of 2003 and stayed when there was no pastor because of the people. They were friendly and welcoming. We joined because of the true worship that happened during every service and because God's word is never watered down or apoligized for! It is holy and will be preached!

Kimberly said...

There are soo many things that I love about AMRBC. We have been there for about 2 years and I love the welcome feeling that you get every Sunday.
DJ is a blessing...The Youth Ministry is Awesome as well as the Orchestra & Choir.

Chris said...

I have been a member of AMRBC for 10 years now. AMRBC is the place where God revealed to me many things in my life. First and foremost, that He was still with me even though I had walked away from Him!. He opened my eyes to true worship and how I could serve him doing something that I had dreamed of doing for years...playing the guitar. AMRBC is a place where God's salvation plan is proclaimed and disciples are made through the work of his people. AMRBC is not the biggest, richest, most beautiful church you can imagine, but it is a place with one of the greatest staffs, the warmest people, and the most giving hearts you will ever find. God's hand is on AMRBC.

J.E. said...

I get to wear flip flops and its not a big deal because the people their are focused on the true purpose of the church... Lifting HIM up and seeing people come to Christ.

Anonymous said...

I have been at AMRBC for three years now. At the time, full of misdirection, life in a shamble, heart full of hurt and brokeness. The folks their answered God's call on them to take me in, comfort me, love me, and appreciate me. Sometimes the Love was tough, but it was all directed to them by God. I am so thankful God's people at AMRBC listen.

Thanks AMRBC Members.....