Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blogging friends, I need your help! We are trying to come up with some creative, cheap ways to raise $$$ for Relay for Life. We came up with this...donating good, gently used pocketbooks and host a "Relay Pocketbook Sale". We would sell ALL pocketbooks for $5.00 and all the proceeds would go to Relay.

What do you think???

Ok...here's where I need your help(if you live in Spartanburg or you are part of my extended family;)....check your closet and see if you have any pocketbooks you can live without and donate them to a worthy cause. I will come and pick them up and I will invite you to the preview sale, so you can snag a great bag for a great cause. Leave me a comment if you have some other ideas or would like to donate!

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm sure that I would have some pocketbooks that I could part with...I'll look and then let ya know how many...
Great Idea!

April said...

Count me in Julie!! I'm sure I can come up with some bags to sell. Just let me know the details.

Anonymous said...

You know I could probably help you out!! Joye

Jennifer said...

When do you need them by?

Susan said...

I'm in! I'll look in my closet and bring them to church for you. It's a great idea!

Barbara Hoffman said...

I am checking my closet now, and will let you know if I have any... I would love to get a few new ones for 5.00. What a deal...

Stacy said...

I will look and see.I might have one. It's not that I don't want to give a purse away.It's that I really don't have any..lol. I buy cheaps one and use them til they need to be thrown away. But I'll find something I'm sure!