Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1 Down, 179 to go...


















I love the first day of school! Here are a few reasons why...

1. The excitement crackles in the air.
2. It's amazing to see how children have grown and changed over the summer!
3. Everyone has on a new school outfit!
4. All the children are really good the first day.
5. New notebooks and pencils...I used to love these. (I know...I'm a nerd!)
6. New bookbags and lunch boxes
7. Everyone has a clean slate...last year is a thing of the past.
8. Meeting new students...they love for you to remember their name.
9. The blessed quiet that reigns over the building after dismissal!
10. Knowing you survived yet another first day for the 25th time!

1 comments:

KJA said...

Ju-Ju,
I told Jed to start counting down to Friday's! You won't have to wait that long for the end. :-) 179will take forever.......