Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Freedom

Happy Fourth of July!

As we look at this symbol of freedom, I pray we will never forget our freedom was paid for with a great price and sacrifice by so many brave men and women who answered the call to defend our country. As David so beautifully sang Sunday morning, I'm proud to be an American!







The pride I feel as an American pales in comparison to what I feel when I look at this, the ultimate symbol of freedom. I am proud to be a Christian. I willingly choose to lay down my wants and desires, my will and my mind to the One who gave His life for me, an unworthy sinner.


As you enjoy your holiday, don't ever let the One who gave you true freedom be far from your heart and mind.

Ephesians 2: 1-10 reminds us of the price of this freedom we enjoy. May we never take it for granted or cease to be amazed what our salvation cost.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie- Happy July 4th. Hope you're eating some BBQ today and having a great day with your family. I have some very special friends that I want the choir to remember. All of them have become very dear to my heart and I told them about our "prayer warriors: and I promised them we would pray for them. On CaringBridge.com;

Brook Waddle
Nicholas Deyo
Meredith Grace Dyer

On CarePages.com;
Jonathan Melton (Big Melton)

If you want to visit their sites,please do. It means so much to them to know that they have lots of friends from everywhere who are praying for them.

Take care while we're gone.

Love ya-
Megie