Tuesday, May 22, 2007

This time of day...

is my favorite. The dust has settled after a busy school day, the halls are soooo quiet, and there is peace in the guidance office. The phone is silent and it's just me and the four walls and my keyboard. Usually I use this time to catch up on the tasks I didn't get accomplished during the day, but today, I am sitting here in a bittersweet mood. We had Honors Day today and that means the last day of school is just around the corner.

Life is changing. While I know it is God's will for me to move to a brand new school to have a brand new start, I can't help but feel sad.










This has been my family for eight years. We have laughed, cried, argued, sweated and worked together. We have loved and supported each other through good times and bad. We have seen babies born...one after I drove Mom to the hospital...I thought we were gonna have that little one in the car!!!!...and we have experienced and grieved the death of parents, grandparents, and last year our fearless leader. I have been so blessed to be a part of this fine faculty. They are a group of loving men and women who strive to the best of their ability each day to help children succeed and learn...even when that is an impossible task. They ALWAYS rise to the challenge. I will miss all of them very much. It will be hard to keep my Explorer from heading down 292 that first morning in August because this is like the road that leads home...you never forget the way. I hope they know how much I love them and that I will be praying for them next year. Life will be different, but I will never be the same for having known each one of them. This Scripture says it all.... Thanks for refreshing the heart of this school counselor. Love ya, mean it! :)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Awww, Julie! Although I'm new to the NPE family, you've made me feel very welcome. I know it is hard to make a change and leave an environment you call "home". Just know that we'll miss you and that you are not that far away :)

Chris said...

JuJu!!!! I have to say that I admire you for stepping out there to make a change. You know God is leading you somewhere, so just trust him to be there to help in the days ahead that get a little rough. He is so much bigger than anything we can imagine, good or bad. I know you are an amazing woman of God and it's time for a new group of people to see that. I bet they have no idea what is heading there way in you.