Friday, February 9, 2007

This is a picture of Mama, Daddy and nephew Matt in Columbia a few weeks ago when Matt received his white coat for medical school. As you can see, they are very proud grandparents. I wish you all could know my Mama and Daddy. They are my heroes. Never have I ever doubted a day in my life that I was loved. Now, please don't misunderstand....that little bitty Mama you see would not hestitate to pull a switch from the bush in the backyard to keep us in line! In fact one of the worst beatings I ever received was the day I tried to kill her "switch bush" with Clorox! I am sure you are surprised I got many whippings as a child! ;) As I look back today and think about some of the things my Mama would not let me do, I am so grateful she loved me enough to be a parent who stood her ground. She wasn't my friend back then and she didn't want to be...she was my Mama. Today she is one of my best friends. I watch her daily sacrifice her wants and needs to take excellent care of my Daddy. Sometimes these Daddy's girls see her push Daddy to do things and we get concerned...but we soon realize her motivation is to keep him going, which is in his best interest. My Mama has taught me about sacrifice and commitment. My Daddy reminds me of Paul in the book of Philippians because he teaches me daily about perseverance and pressing on daily toward the goal for the prize, having a mind set on heavenly things, and how to be content in whatever circumstance life has placed you in. Thank you, Lord for my Mama and Daddy, but thank you most of all they live their lives to teach others about You. They are heroes of the faith.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What has happen to all the rear-end busters. I know for a fact, if I had not known the fear of the the little 5' red headed woman with the switch where I would be. Growing up, my house was not a very spiritual house but you knew the right path and the wrong path. God have mercy on us if we took the wrong path. I took her switch one time and broke it in half!!! OH how I wished I would have never done that. Praise the Lord for the loving kind hand that tore up my rear-end...

KJA