Thursday, December 21, 2006

Waiting!

It seems all I have done today is wait. It started at the doctor's office this morning. My appointment was at 9:15 and they did not take me back until 10:25 and then I waited another ten minutes to see the doctor. After my appointment, I headed out to do some Christmas shopping and of course everywhere I went I had to wait in line. My frustration level was really rising. As I was leaving WalMart and trying to get onto East Main St, the Lord taught me a lesson. There were 2 cars in front of me...a white Expedition and a pick up truck. The drivier of the pick up awas patiently waiting for an opening in the traffic to turn left. The lady driving the Expedition was not as patient...She wheeled around the pick up, pulled onto East Main and promptly hit a car coming up East Main...all of it happened because she was not willing to wait a few minutes.

I wonder how many times I have cause an "accident" in my life because I was not willing to wait on the Lord. Isaiah 40:31 says "they that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength." I needed to be reminded of that promise today. Have a great day!

0 comments: