Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Updates and prayer requests...

This is an excerpt from the devotion I read today from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. As I read these words this morning, I was reminded of His sweet presence in my life and the lives of my friends. Please pray that the believers in our building would be able to walk with confidence and grace in order to witness to those around us what it means to rest completely in the shadow of His presence and in doing so, that we will bear witness to the endless grace and mercy of our great Savior. He is the God of healing and mighty to save!

"Anticipate coming face to face with impossibilities: situations totally beyond your ability to handle. The awareness of your inadequacy is not something you should try to evade. It is precisely where I want you-the best place to encounter Me in My Glory and Power. When you see armies of problems marching toward you, cry out to Me! Allow Me to fight for you. Watch Me working on your behalf, as you rest in the shadow of my Almighty Presence."

Revelation 19:1
Psalm 91:1

Update: Thank you for your prayers on behalf of my friend at school. My first phone call of the day at school was her calling to check on her class! Her surgery went well and the doctor is optimistic he was able to remove most of the tumor. She will begin radiation in a couple of weeks. Please continue to remember her in your prayers.

Two more requests:
1. Another precious friend at school was diagnosed with cancer on Tuesday. She will also be facing surgery and radiation in the coming weeks.

2. A precious friend's daughter had brain surgery yesterday and suffered a pretty bad siezure last night. She is doing better, but please remember her. She has been through a lot over the past two years treating her medical issues.

Thanks for being prayer warriors.

0 comments: