Friday, May 29, 2009

Summertime's Calling Me...

Just a few more days to labor...
and then....
School's Out for Summer
Here are my plans for the Summer of 2009...
First up, will be VBS @ AMRBC. My friend Joye and I are leading the music. Molly has been highly entertained watching her Mama learn the music and the motions! I LOVE the music. It has some great spiritual lessons for us all!

The Saturday after Bible School, I leave for Milton, West Virginia with around 40 other children and adults from AMRBC.


Main Street in Milton, West Virigina


Some of our group will be working to construct a building for a local church. I am going to help cook (please pause to pray for those who will eat my cooking!) and teach a women's Bible study. I am so excited to be a part of this trip.

When I get back from WV, I am going to Hartsville for Sterling's (our bass player @ AMRBC)wedding. I am so happy for he and Heather. They are a precious couple!

Then, I get a few weeks of relaxation at home. I have MANY projects to work on around the house and I love to piddle!

On July 18th, Sandra, Alice, Sally and I will board a plane to NYC! We will meet some great folks from Wellford Baptist, including Susan Dyar, there.
We will be doing VBS at the Brooklyn Tabernacle!

This is a dream for me. I LOVE the Brooklyn Tab choir and I have always wanted to worship there in person. On Sunday, July 19th, I will be there in person to worship and praise the Lord!

The outside of Brooklyn Tabernacle The inside....
Our hotel is right near the Brooklyn Bridge....

While we are in NYC, there will be time for sight seeing and Sandra and I are going to see
Guys and Dolls.

It's going to be a great summer!

7 comments:

Stacy said...

You do have a busy summer! I bet NYC is beautiful in the summer.We have only went in the winter.

Jennifer said...

You have a great summer plan... I will be joining you at VBS and in West Virgina... I can't wait...

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you are an amazing summer planned...Have Fun!!

Alison said...

Sounds like fun.. Thanks for coming today.. You have been tagged on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

People would pay to see the both of us doing the motions for VBS music. I sure hope someone has the oxygen near by....we are gonna need it!!! Joye

jkstrib said...

We need to check each night and make sure no one is recording...although we would probably win the $10,000!

snookmama said...

Do you have extra room in your suitcase?