Friday, December 19, 2008

God's faithfulness...

Two years ago, my friend Jed encouraged me to start a blog. So on December 14, 2006, the AMRBC Music Family blog was born. It was originally created to keep the choir and orchestra informed about the music ministry at Anderson Mill while I was serving as the interim choir and orchestra director. Since we now have a wonderful new worship leader, it has evolved into JuJu's Jewels!

As I sat tonight and looked through the archives, I read many posts that were written with a heavy heart due to overwhelming sadness and grief, while other posts were written from a heart filled with indescribable joy. In all of these posts, there is an underlying common theme: My awesome God is so faithful.

I have to be honest and tell you these past couple of months have been a struggle for me. There has been an unexplainable sense of sadness and fear within my spirit. I can't really explain why, but it's there. Even as I search His word and cried out to Him in prayer, God has seemed strangely silent and I have become more and more stressed about some questions and looking for His direction concerning these questions. After reading "my blog journal" tonight, He has once again reminded me to "be still and KNOW that He is God".

My God is faithful. He will take care of what concerns me. He left the splendor of heaven to become a helpless baby knowing it would cost Him his life thirty three years later. He came to understand what I go through in this human existence. There is not a feeling or emotion He does not understand because He was fully man, yet fully God. Why do all this for me? Love...

Did He do it just for me...no...He saw you too.

He is faithful.

3 comments:

christa said...

What a beautiful post! It made me cry and it was definitely what I needed to read today to calm my spirit and earnestly worship Him this season...thank you Julie!

J.E. said...

Juju.... I am so sorry I missed this Friday. Happy Birthday to your blog. I have had a few moments myself, where I read back over the blog and could see the Lord's hand. He is faithful, even when we cannot see it.

J.E. said...

Juju.... I am so sorry I missed this Friday. Happy Birthday to your blog. I have had a few moments myself, where I read back over the blog and could see the Lord's hand. He is faithful, even when we cannot see it.