Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I see the moon...

and the moon sees me. God bless the moon and God bless me...Grandma or Ma Pearl used to say that to me when I was a child. Did you see the moon tonight? When Molly and I made our last trip outside just a few minutes ago, it was bright it cast a shadow off of us! It was beautiful.

God brought Psalm 8 to mind. It is the basis for one of my favorite choir anthems The Majesty and Glory of Your Name by Tom Fettke.

When I gaze into the night skies
And see the work of Your fingers
The moon and stars suspended in space
What is man that You are mindful of him?
You have given man a crown of glory and honor
And have made him a little lower than the angels
You have put him in charge of all creation
The beasts of the field
The birds of the air
The fish of the sea
But what is man
Oh what is man that You are mindful of him?

O Lord our God
The majesty and glory of Your name
Transcends the earth
And fills the heavens
O Lord our God
Little children praise You perfectly
And so would we and so would we

Alleluia alleluia
The majesty and glory of Your name
Alleluia alleluia
The majesty and glory of Your name

Take comfort in the fact that the Creator of the universe is mindful of you at all times.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ditto that sister....that is my favorite anthem of all time...bar none. i love it. One of those songs that just puts you where you need to be...on your face before a mighty God.