Friday, August 8, 2008

This is what guilty looks like...

I had a great plan for this morning...Sandra was coming to help me get some furniture to Goodwill. Molly greeted her enthusiastically at the door. After she had been petted and loved on, she decided to scoot out the door. I caught up with her across the street and lugged her 30 lb behind back across the street. Then Sandra and I are trying to get an entertainment center out of the door and she makes another dash for freedom. Beagles are notorious for getting on a scent and becoming OBLIVIOUS to anything and everyone around them. She was romping all over the neighborhood...Sandra came close to catching her but she escaped under the neighbor's house! Picture this...it's 8:45 am and I am crawling on my hands and knees or scooting around on my behind trying to get her to come to me...she is happily sniffing on the other side of the house. I can just read the headline...Inman woman arrested for sitting under neighbor's house....I was under there for what seemed like an eternity...I did spend some quality time with the Lord asking Him to keep the snakes and spiders at bay! Finally, Molly heads back to where I am sitting and close enough for me to grab her and swat her nose a couple of times. Molly, now you know how much your Mama loves you! I wouldn't crawl under the house for anyone else!

2 comments:

Megie said...

Oh poor Molly. She would just love chasing deer out here with Sophia.

Ronnie says Sophia's Indian name is "Hops with Deer," only she looks more like a little red rabbit.

KJA said...

That looks more like I JUST GOT IN BIG TROUBLE!!!!!! MAMA"S MAD!!!!! BUt you just got to love em.