Monday, July 7, 2008

Closet Cleaning!

Today's task on the summer list....cleaning out the closets.

Things I learned...

  • I am a horrible pack rat. I hang onto stuff for way toooooo long! :) I am trying to become a minimalist when it comes to stuff...After PR, my perspective on stuff has really changed, so I am on a downsizing tear. If it hasn't been worn in the last 6 months, it's gone! My goal is to have all my clothes in one closet.
  • I am TERRIBLE at getting "projects" done! Much of the clutter is from great ideas that have yet come to fruition! When will I realize I don't have much time to be crafty and creative!
  • I am easily distracted...especially when the task is unpleasant.

I am headed to Dollar General to get some shelf paper for the top of my closet. Mama, aren't you proud. I am trying to pick up on your good habits of having a place for everything!Tomorrow, I am going to attempt to add another bar on each side of the closet to double the hanging space in my closet. I think I can do it! I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi Julie,

This is Zack's Mom, Kim. Great job on cleaning out the closets. I have been trying to do that since last fall..lol..I hate that job too, so you go girl!!

J.E. said...

Organizing is one of my favorite things to do.. Its the teacher in me!!! Have fun... See ya Thursday!

Rhonda said...

I LOVE a good cleaning out...it's my favorite too! My attic is next on my list. :)