Thursday, March 27, 2008

Longing for home....

I can remember my Grandma saying in the last years of her life she was ready to go home. I believe she longed for heaven more and more with each passing day. At the time, I thought I understood what she meant. Today, the thought carries a much deeper meaning. Our precious Uncle Clyde went home yesterday. I can just imagine the reception at the gate....Aunt Nell, Grandma & Grandaddy, Aunt Pat just waiting for him.

My deeper understanding of longing for home began two years ago today. My precious friend, Cathy slipped peacefully into the arms of her Savior early on the morning of March 27th. In December of 2006, Aunt Pat was called home. In July, my friend & brother Steve joined them. This past December Aunt Nell and now Uncle Clyde. While I will never understand the master plan and God's timing, of this I am sure. His Word is true....this world is not my home. My heart longs to be where He is!

Thank you for your prayers for our family. Please continue to pray for us.

1 comments:

Megie said...

Julie- I am so sorry for your family's loss. It's hardest for those of us who are left here to go on without them. I think about my Mom, Ronnie's Dad, Susan and the boys and now Fonda. We're here trying to muddle through life and they are HOME. No pain, no more suffering.

What a glorious day that will be when we are reunited with our loved ones and then to be able to look upon the face of JESUS!!

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Love you- Mean it!