Monday, March 17, 2008

For such a time as this....

I am constantly amazed at how God takes our feeble human efforts and creates "God moments" out of them. Last night was another shining example of His blessing!

Around the 2nd week in February, Sara Beth and Bucky and I sat down to plan the Easter program. We got it all mapped out one Monday night following a delicious dinner at SB's. Great, I thought, another thing marked off the list, but deep down inside, I knew it wasn't quite right yet. So God began to work on the list. (SB just laughed when I told her I was changing some things...she knew when I left her house that night it wasn't going to be the way we had planned it...see,God confirms things through other people!) While the only reason I can give you for our part of the program was simply obedience to what I felt like the Lord was telling me, I know HE used every song to minister to ones it was intended for.

The joint song was powerful! I hope we will see more of that in the future.

I pray we will never take for granted what the job He has given us to do at AMRBC. You have been called and appointed to be a lead worshipper. Let's never take the role lightly or with a lack of commitment. What we do, we do for HIM.

As I look back over the last 2 years, my heart is filled with so many emotions. It has been an honor to serve as your choir & orchestra director. As I said last night, this has been a TEAM effort. Your faithfulness, sacrifice and willingness to serve made the job a pleasure. I have been blessed by your encouragement, love and support. It is hard to express in words what I feel for you. None seem adequate to say what I feel. So, I will leave it at this...I love you with all my heart and I am so proud to be a part of this wonderful family.

Finally....
Thank you to....

  • Sara Beth and Bucky for your leadership with Day 6 & our student ministry. God has His hand on both of you and the fruit of your labor is evident. You are always there and willing to help. You will never know how much I love and appreciate you.
  • Bucky for doing our programs & youth volunteers for taking down and putting back the choir chairs.
  • Day 6 for helping us raise the roof to glorify our Lord!
  • Kevin, Roxanne, George & Melissa for being our audio visual team. Great job!!!
  • All of our soloists...Julie, Lori, Ray, Susan, Sandra & Bill...outstanding job!
  • Sarah Grace...thank you for adding so much to our program. You are my angel.
  • Frank, for doing a superb job of narrating after being asked on Friday afternoon! :)
  • Larry, for that awesome booming voice...maybe we'll get the mike on Sunday! ;)

You know I love ya, mean it!!!

1 comments:

Megie said...

Julie- I am so proud and honored to be a part of AMRBC but, especially the music ministry.

It is a ministry, an outreach.We are indeed ministers for Christ,a calling not to be taken lightly. Many times I have proudly told someone that I attend AMRBC and the first thing they say is..., "The music there is awesome!"

I am not a gifted person or a very smart person but, I feel that God has given me a talent and I am humbled to be a small part of the wonderful music ministry at AMRBC.

I am so thankful that God lead you to AMRBC and that you allowed Him to use you and your wonderful talent to lead us into worship every Sunday and Wednesday. You truly have a heart for worship and it shows in your beautiful smile.

Even though you aren't leaving us, THANK YOU GOD, I am so going to miss you. I'm excited but, a little apprehensive about the next step but, no matter what, we're going to have a good time getting there.

Thank you for being such a good friend and you know if you need me, I'll be there.

Love you girl.

Megie