Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mama!

Today is my Mama's 83rd birthday. I am so glad God chose her to be my Mama. I can assure you we have had moments of great disagreement...like when I was in the 10th grade and taking Geometry and it made no sense to me and Mama, being the one with a master's in math...well, you can see how well we understood each other ;)....or when I was walking the rebellious side of life and decided I knew better than she did...oh, the stupidity of youth! Now that I am an older and a little wiser, I can see how much she loved me because she loved me enough to let me fail, enough to make me learn lessons the hard way and enough to discipline me when I needed it. Thank you, Mama for loving me when I am sure I was very unlovable. Thank you for your example of faith, love and commitment. I know these past few years have been hard at times as you care for Daddy. I want you to know how much I love and appreciate your sacrifices for him and for us. You are the best Mama anyone could have. I love you very much!

0 comments: