Friday, October 26, 2007

Please pray...

My heart is broken and my spirit is overwhelmed as I type this. Our school family has suffered a great tragedy this afternoon. Our precious school secretary lost her youngest daughter and her oldest daughter is in ICU from a terrible accident this afternoon.

Please pray for the Mitchell family tonight. They also have a precious son who is in the fourth grade at my school. They are a strong Christian family who have invested their lives in others by serving the Lord. They are assured their precious angel woke up in the arms of Jesus this afternoon. Pray for God's peace and comfort to surround them as they grieve the loss of a child and for their child who is critically ill.

I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me. The cords of the grave coiled around me; the snares of death confronted me. In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears. Psalm 18:1-6

I love you all.
Julie

2 comments:

KJA said...

Pray for the other child and her family also. I heard she wasn't injured as bad, but the tragedy will still affect them also. May the Lord reveal his mercy and grace to them all.

Alison said...

JuJu I am saying an extra prayer for everyone at your school tomorrow! Love ya!