Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Good evening....

Whew...these past several days have been a whirlwind. I am trying to get settled into my new home. I am very excited about a new start. I love chances like these....I guess you could call me a nerd because I remember being so thrilled at the beginning of every school year when I got all my school supplies....new pencils and notebooks...now I love a new legal pad. To me they represent a clean slate. There are endless possibilities as to what will be written in them. Some will be filled with facts and knowledge and there will be pages that contain mistakes.

Here's what God spoke to me today. My life is much like a new notebook. Each day I determine what I "write" in it. Some days I will write success stories and all the wonderful things I've learned. Other days my notebook will be filled with sentences of defeat and mistakes. But, the most wonderful thing about God is this...EACH day He gives us a nice, crisp, clean sheet of paper to write on. His Word makes this promise in Lamentations 3:22-23.

Sing with me...
Great is thy faithfulness
O God my Father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever will be

Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

Thank you, Lord for Your mercy that is new every morning.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I am a nerd too because I used to get so excited about new school supplies. I still have that opportunity now when I buy the kids stuff. Thanks for the verse. I remind myself every morning that I have been given a clean slate!

Love ya,

Heather Cieluch