Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Psalm 84

Read Psalm 84...

When the OT saints came into the tabernacle it was "lovely" because there they were in the presence of God. As NT believers we can come in a greater way into His presence.
(Hebrews 4:16, Hebrews 10:19-22) God is the "Lord of hosts". The hosts are His angelic armies. God is omnipotent over all the powers in heaven and earth. I love how the psalmist expresses his intense desire to worship God...."my soul longs, even faints"..."with my whole being, body and soul"...he is totally consumed with his desire to worship God in His temple. Is this the trademark of my life? I don't have to travel to the temple. I can worship Him 24/7. Is my desire to worship God this intense? I pray I will continue to strive to this end.

Look at verses 5-7...these are the verses that have ministered to me over the past few days...you see, my family draws strength from the Lord because we have our minds set on a "pilgrimage to Jerusalem". Even though right now we are walking through the "Valley of Weeping" it will become a place of spiritual refreshing. Even though the "autumn rains" are falling, God will turn this hard dry valley into a place of blessings and yes, even joy. We will continue with His help to grow stronger every day because the anticipation of eternal rewards overcome the weariness of this journey.

One day with God is better than a thousand here on earth. (Philippians 1:21) The Lord is our sun and shield...He will always provide and protect His children. His plan is ALWAYS for our good. Praise God for the joy He gives to His children.

Please continue to pray for Daddy. We are hoping he will be moving tomorrow to a nursing facility. This has been a difficult choice to deal with but we feel this is God's plan for him. Pray for us as we continue to love on him and care for him.

See you tomorrow night.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is one of the hardest things you have ever had to deal with. Just think of all the people that he will influence while he is there. What an example of faith he is and will be to so many. Love ya! Joye