Friday, April 27, 2007

What a morning....

We are having a Relay fundraiser lunch today at school...I was in charge of making the macaroni and cheese...(yes, I can cook!) After orchestra practice, I stopped by the local Bilo and got the ingredients. This morning I got up at 4:45 (those that know me well...I can see your jaws dropping :0) to put the macaroni on to boil....only to discover I had left my big double boiler at school...all I have is a medium size saucepan...do you know how long it takes to cook 4 big boxes of elbow macaroni at this pace? Once I recovered from that I began to start to put the mac n cheese together and realize I forgot to buy eggs at the store last night. AUUUGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! So at 5:15 this morning I went to the Ingles on Hwy 9 to buy eggs. Things started picking up and then....I ran out of cheese because I miscalculated how much I needed last night because I did not make a list, which is why I forgot the eggs....I got to school at 8:15 this morning with 4 beautiful Paula Deen macaroni and cheeses...sure hope they taste good. The recipe follows, but make sure you make a list! :)


The Lady's Cheesy Mac Recipe courtesy Paula Deen Show:
Paula's Home Cooking Episode: Fire House Pot Luck Dinner

4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons butter cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture. Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese if desired.

4 comments:

J.E. said...

Julie I am so proud of you for your perseverance.... I would have said to heck with the macaroni and called Bo's to deliver for a good cause...Ingles on highway 9 at 5:15... thats not real close by... I hope you didn't travel down Clark rd. at that time... Its scary down through there... Be careful... Glad it all worked out though.... definitely a blog worthy story and you got to show off your mad blogger skills with the fantastic pic of Ms. Paula!! I am impressed!!!

Matt Johnson said...

Juju, you make me hungry blogging about mac and cheese. That's my favorite side dish of all. I don't know if the Filipinas know how to cook that or not.

Chris said...

JuJu!!! Glad to see I wasn't the only person awake that early this morning. I wasn't doing anny cooking, but doing the duty of a new daddy! It's been a bit of a long week, but it's awsome to receive such a gift from God in our new little Boy!! See you all very soon!

Chris

Anonymous said...

Girl-you being up that early and moving is shocking! You should have called Mama! I did the grocery shopping for us last night and I bought eggs!! We needed them for the nourishment of our....(ha ha)