Friday, April 20, 2007

Inspiration from a friend...

I received this email from Sara Beth yesterday...she inspired me and I wanted to share it with you.

JuJu,
I know I just hung up with you, but I did want to say that it is neat how God uses the smallest of his creation to inspire us! He has impressed upon me over and over this year that the WHOLE earth is full of his glory and that the heavens declare his glory. Makes me think of one of my new favorite verses from Job: "And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him! Who then can understand the thunder of his power?" Job 26:14. My big mind-blowing thought for the day yesterday was that a God who spoke all things into existence didn't do that when it came to us...he reached down into the dust and formed us and breathed his very breath into our nostrils! How intimately he loves us!


Thanks for encouraging me, sister.

Her email prompted me to look more closely at the verse in Job she referenced. Read Job 26.
Look at all the things Job says God can do....

He makes the dead tremble
Hell is naked before Him
He hangs the earth on nothing
He fills clouds with water, yet they do not break
He covers the face of His throne and spreads His cloud over it
He made the earth circular
He makes the pillars of heaven tremble
He stirs up the seas with His powers
He breaks up the storm with His understanding
By His Spirit, He adorned the heavens (the Holy Spirit worked mightly during creation)-

Job then says: "And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him! Who then can understand the thunder of his power?" In other words, all that could be said or understood by man is only a glimpse of God's powerful Hand.

I hear God asking my heart..."Why then, my child, do you worry and fret...you see just a glimpse of what I can do. Trust me...I am all powerful and all knowing and NOTHING is too hard for me."

All I can think to do is to fall on my knees in worship. Thank You, Father, that you loved us enough to breathe Your very breath into our nostrils. Thank You for my sister who loves You and shares Your word with others. Reminds me of a song...

This is the air I breathe, this is the air I breathe
Your Holy presence living in me.
This is my daily bread, this is my daily bread
Your very word spoken to me...

And I, I am desperate for You
And I, I'm lost without You.

Have a great weekend. Rest in the fact You have a heavenly Father who gave you His very breath. Know Him more...the more You know, the more intimately You can worship Him.

0 comments: