Thursday, March 8, 2007

A New Couch....

This is Molly and her cousin, Sadie (my nephew's dog) playing together on Christmas day. They love each other and play well together, even though Sadie is twice Molly's size. Unfortunately, these two share a dark past....
One weekend in October, Sadie's mommy and daddy went to Tennessee for a Carolina football game. I, being the wonderful aunt, I am, volunteered to keep Sadie for the weekend. She and Molly had a great time playing and running all weekend. On Sunday morning, I get up and do the Sunday routine. I left them sleeping peacefully on the floor and the couch. As I entered the house from church, I sensed trouble in the air. I walked into the living room and there was fiberfill and foam bits all over the floor...you could not see the floor at all. My first reaction was to scream which caused Sadie to try and hide her 65 lb self under one of the end tables (which is raising up off the floor by this time) and Molly went running to the kitchen to get under the table (her favorite place to hide when she is in trouble). I look at the couch and realize the middle cushion has a huge crater in the middle of it and the material is in shreds. It looked like a scene off of America's Funniest Videos. Did Molly and Sadie get a whipping....no....by that time it was tooooooo late! But, I think they sensed they were in hot water the way they tiptoed past me the rest of the day.

What's the moral of this story....someday "Jed's hubcab" will come barreling into your life via a pair of dogs or something or someone else. Sometimes a hubcab can cost the price of a new couch...oh well, the old was 10 yrs old anyway and God provided after a few months of saving the extra pennies. Do I still love Molly and Sadie....ABSOLUTELY...because one mistake or any mistake can ever change that. Aren't you glad Jesus loves us that way too....he never gives up on us, even after we make a trillion mistakes a day. He loves us even when we "make craters" in the couch cushion of life. :) Go pet your dog....they love you this way too! Unconditionally!

3 comments:

J.E. said...

Thanks for the shoutout JuJu.. It may make more sense to everyone if they read about it.... www.mrdearybury.blogspot.com

Carmen said...

You and Jed surely entertain...I mean minister! to me in the wee hours of the morning :)

KJA said...

I still have my eyes open for hubcaps and couches. Mine will probably be a brick on my noggin'.

No..... we love you more!!!!