Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Update on Joe!

I just received this email from Al Lord about Joe. He is still in ICU. I will keep you updated as I receive word. Continue to pray for Joe and Fonda today!

Julie, please pass this on to everyone on the choir email list. Yesterday, I spent the morning with a friend (Ansel Parris) getting him to the Cath Lab at SRMC. At the 9 AM visitation time for ICU, I went to see Joe. I could not get him awake. I called Joey later and he said he, Fonda, nor the nurses had been able to get him to come out of that deep sleep. He was pretty much like that for the entire day. He did wake up for a short time during the 6 PM visitation, but at the 8 PM visitation, I went back with Fonda just to check on his progress. Did he ever wake up then! He talked non stop for the 20 minutes we were allowed to visit. Fonda ran to get Shirley, Calla, and Joey and for those 20 minutes, Joe talked and he talked. He told us all how much he loved us and wanted to make sure we told every member of the choir, members of AMRBC, and anybody else he could think of, knew how much he loved them. It was truly a highlight time for me. I saw true, unselfish, and unquestioning love in Joe Kimbrell. He cried a lot, we cried a lot, but his wish is that he does not die before he has an opportunity to tell everyone he knows how much he loves them. I promised him I would send this email to you so you could let the important people in his life how much he loves and cares for them Thanks, Al.

0 comments: