Monday, February 19, 2007

895!

We had 895 people in worship yesterday! I thought the seams of the sanctuary were going to burst at the 11:00 service. God is up to something!

Great job, Mary and choir! Plus, you did a great job of learning the worship song your director never taught you on the fly! ;) You are amazing and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I am proud of you! My heart smiles when I think about you.

We are getting down to the wire with rehearsals for Easter. Please be listening to ALL of your CD. I am depending on you to learn lots on your own. WE NEED EVERYONE AT EVERY REHEARSAL FROM NOW TO EASTER! It's crunch time!

Don't forget these two extra practices:
Orchestra, Sunday, 2/25/07
Choir, Sunday, 3/4/07
Lunch will be served for both occasions!
love ya, mean it! julie :)

2 comments:

KJA said...

The third service was awesome. God was all over that place. The preacher was a preaching and the bar was not lowered. Jed and Matt's blogs are great today!!!!!!

Chris said...

I can honestly tell you that we had every padded folding chair in the building in use sunday morning. There was one older gentleman that gave up his seat for a young mother, and the only chair I could find for him was a hard folding chair, and he declined it.

I was so overwhelmed during the worship song at 11, I almost forgot what I was doing. It was amazing to hear that many people singing and praising god. My guitar was wide open, my heart was wide open, and God was being glorified in one of those special times where I think we could have just sang for about 30 minutes, and I would have been lovin it! Every service is special, but every once in a while one comes along that is different, and the 11 o'clock service was one of those.

Praise be to God for allowing us to be a part of the workers in the harvest fields!