Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Makes Me Want to Shout!

"I look up to the mountains-does my help come from there? My help comes from the Lord, who made the heavens and the earth! He will not let you stumble and fall; the one who watches over you will not sleep. Indeed, He who watches over Israel never tires and never sleeps. The Lord Himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. The sun will not hurt you by day, nor the moon at night. The Lord keeps you from all evil and preserves your life. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever." Psalm 121 NLT

There are several things in these verses that grab my attention. We can count on help from the Lord...the very one who created the universe. If He can set the world in motion with the stroke of His hand and keep it rotating and spinning on its due course, He is altogether capable of helping me handle my adversities. Is there anything too big for God? NO! He was so much man that he slept in a boat, yet He was so much God that the winds ceased when He spoke....

Next thing...He never ever gets tired. Have you ever stopped to think about what God hears all day long? I think about days I have when I am so tired I can't even think straight or I feel like I can't put one foot in front of the other. Those kind of days just drag me down. Our amazing God is NEVER tired. He doesn't require sleep. He is the ultimate 3am, 4am, etc friend. Sometimes I imagine His eye roving over the earth. Isn't it mind boggling that He can watch over all His children and listen to the cries of their heart. WOW! Makes me tired just thinking about it.

He stands beside us as our continual, eternal protective shade. Have you ever stopped to think what might have happened to you if God's protective shade was not all around you. I am so thankful for all the Lord has given me, but I am also thankful for the things He has not given me in order to protect me.

Then there are the days when I feel like Job...have you considered my servant Julie? But even then, when the old devil comes prowling around His word says He will keep me from all evil and preserve my life. With the mere mention of His name, Satan has to flee!

He watches as we come and go...not just a promise for today, but for ETERNITY! Aren't you thankful today our God is eternal and vigilant in looking after what concerns His children?

Where would we be without the Lord? Sing with me now...Makes me want to shout, hallelujah, thank you Jesus, Lord You're worthy of all the glory, all the honor and all the praise...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the Lord: "O Lord, save me!" The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me.
Psalms 116: 1-6
Psalms 121 spoke to me and so does 116. He is always looking to help us overcome even when we let satan get in the way. Thank you God for being so forgiving and always standing by us.
Special thanks to Godly friends who pray for us daily too. We really need it and can certainly feel that we are being prayed for.