Monday, December 18, 2006

GOD IS GOOD!

To God be the glory great things He has done! To say that I had fun last night would be the understatement of the year! You rocked the house and it was awesome. God moved yesterday and His Spirit was heavy and sweet. Thank you for being faithful servants of the Lord with a passion for worshipping Him through music. Can you just imagine what we are going to experience in heaven?

You ministered to so many hearts yesterday. I pray today the Lord will continue to minister to those hearts through the seeds He planted from our worship. Isn't it amazing what He can do with a group of people who bring nothing but a willing heart. God continues to take us to new levels in our music ministry. He is blessing our choir and orchestra. I pray we will continue to mature spiritually and grow in His image.

"My child, never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart, for they will give you a long and satisfying life. Never let loyalty and kindness get away from you! Wear them like a necklace; write them deep within your heart. Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will gain a good reputation.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:1-6
It is my prayer as we begin another year of service to the Lord we will continue to feast on the bounty of God's word and let His word change us daily into His image. I pray we will store His commands in our hearts and allow them to guide us every minute of every day. I pray we will be loyal and kind to each other and our congregation. I pray we will be loyal to the music ministry of AMRBC...that we will make rehearsal and worship a priority...not just something we do when we have the time. I pray we will wear loyalty and kindness like a necklace each day so those we come in contact with on a daily basis will see God's loyalty and kindness through us.
Finally, my greatest prayer for myself and our ministry is verses 5 & 6...
Lord, I pray today that we will trust in the Lord with all of our hearts and never lean on our own human understanding which is so limited. I pray we will acknowledge You and seek Your will in all we do from the smallest detail to the largest decision. I pray we will work diligently to know You more by spending time in Your word and praying and listening to You because in doing these things You will reveal Your will and way for us. I thank You for your provision and Your plan because when we are faithful to do all of these, You will direct our paths.
Thank you for so richly blessing the music ministry of AMRBC. You are an awesome God and we love you.
Have a great day and I will see you Wednesday night. Come ready to work, so we can learn for New Year's Eve.

1 comments:

Jimmy Moore said...

Hey AMRBC Choir family,

Check out this quote from Sherry Vaughn from the weekly e-mail she sent out to her Sunday School classes today:

"Yesterday was quite an emotional day for us...and then the Adult Christmas Concert yesterday afternoon. WOW!! Our hearts are humbled before God."

Isn't that AWESOME?! It is yet another reminder of why we put in all the many hours of practice, going over measure 45 about a hundred bazillion times (or was it two-hundred bazillion, Julie?! HA!), and simply refusing to just settle for "good enough." Only the best for the King of Kings and Lord and Lords!

We are worshipping to an audience of One, but we can never forget those hundreds of people who are ministered to week in and week out by the message we convey through our music. The entire day Sunday was evidence of that truth yet again.

THANK YOU to each and every one of you in the AMRBC Choir for sharing your talents, dedication, and love for the Lord. Christine and I count it a real privilege to know you and worship together at this incredible church we have been given.

We look forward to being at the special New Year's Eve concert at Southside with LordSong as we rally behind that remarkable man we know and love--Steve Dyar. While his body is weak, I was blown away when I hugged him on Sunday by how strong his faith was in the midst of uncertainty! Oh to have that kind of strength when the cold winds of life come a-blowing!

Merry Christmas everyone and THANK YOU for the gift of your presence in my life teaching me lessons about what it means to love God and make Him known to others. Nothing else really matters in the grand scheme of things, so may we all be about the business of doing that in 2007.